Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2016/09/01 15:28:07 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3

+1 (binding)

* xsum/sigs match
* No unexpected binaries in source-release
* japi compat report looks fine (see note about IteratorAdapter below)
* Verified diffs over 1.8.0-rc2 (they are as expected)
* CI on rc2 was good (see rc2 vote for details, did not retest given
previous point)
* Ran all unit and integration tests
* Stood up a single node instance locally with the bin-tarball

There are some incompatibilities with a Mock class (in public API)
IteratorAdapter which extends a non-public API class
(o.a.a.c.i.IteratorAdapter). I'm not worried about this because Mock has
been deprecated for a bit.

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3

Posted by "Marc P." <ma...@gmail.com>.
Checksums matched, built and verified source/bin.

Looks good to me.

I've been running integration tests most of the morning. A handful of
failures which I was able to resolve by re-running, so I don't think
it's code related.

FWIW I ran four hours of RPC testing using the Thrift calls, directly. It
ran with excellent response times and no issues
with reliability when trying to cause failures manually.

+1 from me.

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3

Posted by Mike Miller <mi...@gmail.com>.
FYI just found this bug that is also in 1.8.0-rc3

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I think we should, yes. The expectations were made clear when the vote was
initiated, which were consistent with our bylaws and ASF release voting.

We already had an extra 14 minutes grace period anyway, because the email
was sent 14 minutes and 72 hours before the vote closed.

If we break the expectations, that changes everything... for example... a
few minutes after the deadline, we were able to determine that all
bin/accumulo commands with a dash in them are broken. With that full
information, I would have changed my vote to -1, but did not because my
expectation was that the vote was already closed.

Let's just move on to getting rc4 out rather than debate the voting
mechanics and whether we should break our own rules and expectations.

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.8.0-rc3

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.