Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Patrick Cogan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/22 18:06:01 UTC

wsdl2java or java2wsdl best practise

Hi,

I have looked for guidence and articles on this, but can't find any,
so my question is:

which is generally the better practise:

- creating a web service from a wsdl using wsdl2java or;
- creating a web service from a java class using java2wsdl

I remember reading that wsdl2java using a wsdl is best but can anyone
confirm this and give reasons why?

Regards,

Patrick.

Re: wsdl2java or java2wsdl best practise

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
It is always better to create a service from wsdl/schema.
If you try to generate a service from a java class, you are very
likely to expose language-specific features and structures that impede
interoperability.

Anne