Posted to users@isis.apache.org by César Camilo Lugo Marcos <ce...@sisorg.com.mx> on 2016/05/24 12:57:59 UTC

502 Bad Gateway error when running on AWS

Hello, finally I got the application running on AWS Elastic Beanstalk!

With some limitations, because the AWS Load Balancer only supports port
80, and not 8080, so I had to eliminate the Load Balancer for now. There
are two possible solutions:

1) To open port 8080 on the AWS load balancer. Still looking into it,
seems possible but outside the AWS Web console tools, but from AWS CLI
line commands.

2) To make the application listen in 80 instead of 8080. We tried with
isis.properties adding isis.embedded-web-server.port=80 , and it worked
with mvn jetty:run, but not when we compile and create the jar file and
execute it with java -jar webapp\target
\CQNZ-webapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.jar .

How can we make the application compiled in the jar file work on port 80 instead?

Cesar.

Re: 502 Bad Gateway error when running on AWS

Posted by César Camilo Lugo Marcos <ce...@sisorg.com.mx>.
Dan, just wanted to let you know that I was able to open the port 8080
in the AWS EC2 instance as well as in the load balancer, so now the
application is running in AWS Elastic Beanstalk with load balancing and
failover.

Thank you!

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by César Camilo Lugo Marcos <ce...@sisorg.com.mx>.