Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by laine78 <me...@hotmail.com> on 2012/05/03 20:10:24 UTC

Open page in new window when clicking on button

I have two buttons - Back and Display.
The back button is supposed to take you back to the previous page within the
same window.
The Display button is to open up a new window with some info in it.
The issue that I'm running into is that both buttons cause new windows to
open up.
Here is the code:
File.html
  <form wicket:id="form">
		<button wicket:id="back"></button>
		<button wicket:id="display"></button>
  </form>

File.java
	private Button getBackButton(){
		Button backButton = new Button("back", new ResourceModel("label_back")){
			/**
			 *
			 */

			@Override
			public void onSubmit(){
				SearchPage searchPage = new SearchPage();
				setResponsePage( searchPage );
			}
		};
		return backButton;
	}

	private Button getDisplayButton() {
		displayButton = new Button("display", new ResourceModel("label_display"))
{

			@Override
			public void onSubmit() {
				DisplayPage displayPage= new DisplayPage();
				setResponsePage(displayPage);
			}
		};
		return displayButton;
	}

Both of these buttons are added to the form.
I tried putting the target=_blank on the display button itself, but that
just opened up the new page in the same window.  I tried overriding the
onComponentTag for the print button...once again, opened up the new page in
the same window.  It only seems to work when I override the onComponentTag
for the form.  Any suggestions?