Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Guillermo Vasconcelos <gv...@baufest.com> on 2006/02/14 22:21:27 UTC

[VFS] FTP Sending LIST while in binary mode

I ran into a problem with a strict FTP server that needs the LIST
command to be send while on ascii mode. If it is sent on binary mode,
the server doesn't respond properly. I think the Server behaviour is
correct acording to the FTP RFC 959, but doesn't work with VFS because
it set's the mode to binary at the beginning and never changes it. The
correct behaviour I think should be to change the mode to ascii before a
LIST (and a NLST) and then back to the original mode. At least thats the
behaviour that has the ftp command (I checked with ftp -d host)
Is there any workarround?
Thanks

Re: [VFS] FTP Sending LIST while in binary mode

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> I ran into a problem with a strict FTP server that needs the LIST
> command to be send while on ascii mode.
I never heard nor seen this behavior. I asked at commons-dev if there is
someone who knows more details about it.

Unhappily there is no workaround now.

---
Mario