Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Chase <ch...@osdev.org> on 2008/05/21 21:21:09 UTC

Confluence WW space & change/comment notification

From: http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/editing-the-documentation.html
"Confluence sends to the developers mailing list a daily summary of
changes, including new comments."

Does this actually happen? I've made a couple of changes and didn't see
anything.
I'd like to be able to see when people leave comments on pages. Are the
changes going to a different mailing list or just not turned on?

Thanks,
-Chase

Re: Confluence WW space & change/comment notification

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Chase <ch...@osdev.org> wrote:

> From: http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/editing-the-documentation.html
> "Confluence sends to the developers mailing list a daily summary of
> changes, including new comments."
>
> Does this actually happen? I've made a couple of changes and didn't see
> anything.

AIUI, these messages have a "bulk mail" header set that causes them to be
treated as spam by the ASF mail server. I think there was a recent attempt
to let these messages through, but it doesn't appear to be working for this
list. If you want to pursue it, you should file a ticket with
infrastructure.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 5/21/08, Chase <ch...@osdev.org> wrote:
> From:
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/editing-the-documentation.html
>  "Confluence sends to the developers mailing list a daily summary of
> changes, including new comments."
>
>  Does this actually happen? I've made a couple of changes and didn't see
> anything.

I get a summary every day at about 8 am (GMT +1) without problems. But
I do believe I had to enable that somewhere. Not that there are many
comments on the wiki pages these days.

>  I'd like to be able to see when people leave comments on pages. Are the
> changes going to a different mailing list or just not turned on?

I think every member has to enable it for him/herself. That's one way
to be sure it passes the spam filter.

Cheers,

Phil

>  Thanks,
>  -Chase

Software Architect - Hydrodesk
"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
- Randy Pausch

Re: Confluence WW space & change/comment notification

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I mentioned this sometime a week or a few ago but never got an answer.
I no longer receive the daily wiki change notifications.

Dave

Posted by Chase <ch...@osdev.org>.

Posted by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com>.