Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by nhrraj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/14 22:16:09 UTC

Aegis mapping - Setting nillable for complex types

I am trying to set nillable = false for a complex type in a web method
response. Can someone please suggest how to do that?

I am able to set the simple elements inside the complex type as nillable =
false. But not the outer element(name of complex type)

If a complex type has all null elements, I dont want it to be serialized
into xml.

For example:

<Student>
   <name>test</name>
   <age>10</age>
</Student>

My mapping xml looks like below.

<mappings>
  <mapping>
    <property name='name' minOccurs='0' nillable='false'/>
    <property name='age' minOccurs='0' nillable='false'/>
 </mapping>
</mappings>

If I do this, and say name and age are null, then the webmethod response
looks like below.

<Student></Student>

I dont want the Student tag to be sent back in the web method response.

Is it possible to control this using aegis mapping?

thanks.