Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kuldeep Mishra <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/29 08:07:00 UTC

getting error for decimal type data

while I an trying to list column family data using cassandra-cli then I am
getting following problem for decimal type data,
any suggestion will be appreciated.

    at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.<init>(AbstractStringBuilder.java:45)
    at java.lang.StringBuilder.<init>(StringBuilder.java:80)
    at java.math.BigDecimal.getValueString(BigDecimal.java:2885)
    at java.math.BigDecimal.toPlainString(BigDecimal.java:2869)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.JdbcDecimal.getString(JdbcDecimal.java:72)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.DecimalType.getString(DecimalType.java:62)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.printSliceList(CliClient.java:2873)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeList(CliClient.java:1486)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeCLIStatement(CliClient.java:272)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.processStatementInteractive(CliMain.java:210)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.main(CliMain.java:337)

--
Thanks and Regards
Kuldeep Kumar Mishra

Re: getting error for decimal type data

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
The cli is probably trying to read more data than it can keep in memory.
Try using the LIMIT clause for the list statement, or getting a single row, to reduce the size of the read.

Alternatively try increase the heap size for the cassandra-cli in bin/cassandra-cli

>       Built indexes: [STUDENT.STUDENT_AGE_idx, STUDENT.STUDENT_BIG_DECIMAL_idx, STUDENT.STUDENT_PERCENTAGE_idx, STUDENT.STUDENT_ROLL_NUMBER_idx, STUDENT.STUDENT_SEMESTER_idx,  STUDENT.STUDENT_STUDENT_NAME_idx, STUDENT.STUDENT_UNIQUE_ID_idx]

You have a lot of indexes there. Consider if they are all needed.

cheers
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer

[...]