Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "bit1129@163.com" <bi...@163.com> on 2015/07/23 04:23:10 UTC

What if request cores are not satisfied

Hi,
Assume a following scenario:
The spark standalone cluster has 10 cores in total, I have an application that will request 12 cores. Will the application run with fewer cores than requested or will it simply wait for ever since there are only 10 cores available.
I would guess it will be run with fewer cores, but I didn't get a chance to try/test it.
Thanks.

bit1129@163.com

Re: What if request cores are not satisfied

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
I guess it would wait for sometime and throw up something like this:

Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure
that workers are registered and have sufficient memory

Thanks
Best Regards