Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jens Schaefers <sc...@adesso.de> on 2001/08/30 12:10:00 UTC

TTF font embedding and using the correct Windows directory

Hi,

I've got a question: how is it possible, if at all, to use an
environment variable in userconfig.xml as wildcard for the Windows
directory location to build a path to the Fonts directory?

I.e. when I use Fop on NT and W2K I have something like c:\winnt\fonts.
Or another drive letter. And when I use Fop with Win9x/ME, I have almost
certainly something like c:\windows\fonts.

I know there is an environment variable WINDIR that can be used be some
applications to account for that difference between these OSes, but I
can't use it in the userconfig.xml.

Is there another way to handle this or is it planned to implement this
in the future?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jens