Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Rajith konara <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/29 07:01:12 UTC

hbase configuration

Hi,

I have an HBase cluster setup and I have used it for analytics from another
server.
But I need to point my HBase cluster to a new server, what are the
configurations/changes I have to made? and please explain to me how to
clear all the previous data stored in hbase tables.

Thank you .

Best Regards,

Rajith konara
Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajith-konara-71229710b> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/rajith.anuranga.3> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/rajithkonara>

Re: hbase configuration

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Not sure what you meant by pointing cluster to a new server. Normally user
places hbase-site.xml which specifies the cluster config on a node where
client application is launched.

bq. clear all the previous data stored in hbase tables

Please take a look
at hbase-shell/src/main/ruby/shell/commands/truncate_preserve.rb