Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Matt England <me...@mengland.net> on 2005/10/02 16:38:02 UTC

Any way to dump subdirectories of repositories?

Any way to dump subdirectories of repositories?  I want to do something
like the following (although svnadmin dump for 1.2.3 doesn't take URLs for
input):

svnadmin dump file:///svnrepos/swdev-client/src/app1 > app1.dump

It seems I could go do a full dump and then delete all the unwanted stuff
from the dump file, but it seems that the script to do that would be much
more work then I care to give in the short term.

-Matt

Re: Any way to dump subdirectories of repositories?

Posted by Matt England <me...@mengland.net>.
If only I had read the faq a little more closely I would have discovered
this a lot sooner.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#removal

-Matt

Posted by Matt England <me...@mengland.net>.
It looks like there's goodness in svndumpfilter:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.tk.svndumpfilter

I'll be checking out svndumpfilter to see if it suits my needs here.

-Matt