Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/30 08:36:48 UTC

Delete the revert-xxx branches?

We have a lot of revert-xxx branches in our git repo.

Github will generate a branch when we revert a PR, and it will be synced
back to gitbox too.

Should we delete them?

Re: Delete the revert-xxx branches?

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
I do not think it is worth keeping these branches even if the PR has not
been merged yet?

We do not allow force push on master and branch-* branches, so the commit
will be there even if it has been reverted, it is easy to cherry pick again
or just revert the 'revert commit'.

So if no other objections, will delete these branches later.

Thanks.

Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com> 于2020年10月31日周六 下午11:31写道:

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.