Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Nathanael D. Noblet" <na...@sk.sympatico.ca> on 2000/04/07 14:41:16 UTC

Embperl

Hello,

I had problems a few weeks ago installing Embperl. It would fail some of
the httpd tests with an error 9 ? I used 1.2.1, 1.2b.1 and 1.3b1 but
none of them worked, someone on this list pointed me to a file called
embperl_20000322172132.tar.gz And magically it worked. I get the same
errors now, installing elsewhere and the file he gave me does not
work... I need help. Does anyone know why I get

registry/errpage.htm
Error in Line 95
Is:             ></BODY></HTML><
Should:         ><P>Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error<
Input:          test/html/registry/errpage.htm
Output:         test/tmp/out.htm
Compared to:    test/cmp/errpage.htm
Log:            test/tmp/test.log

ERRORS detected! NOT all test have been passed successfully

I hope whoever solved my problem last time can remember what he did...
Thanks in Advance
Nathanael

Embperl and DBIx::Recordset

Posted by Kaare Rasmussen <ka...@webline.dk>.
I tried the Search example in the Database section of Intro (8) - the one with
a PrevNextForm.

The first 5 rows result only in a Next Record button. Fair enough, why have
more. But the next 5 rows gives the same, no Previous Records button. And now
it will not give me the next 5 rows, only the rows from 6-10 when pressing Next
Records.

Looking at the generated code, this is on the second page. I believe the
problem is that $start has a value of "0", but how can I affect it? Or is this
a bug?

<form method="POST"><input type="hidden" name="$start" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="$max" value="5">
<input type="hidden" name="find" value="Find">
<input type="submit" name="$next" value="Next Records"> </form>

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase

Posted by mtoro <mt...@chat.cl>.
At 04:19 PM 4/7/00 -0400, Ilia Lobsanov wrote:

> [...]

Ok ,

Step 1.- All work fine with sybase, DBI , EmbPerl, ModPerl and Apache
Step 2.- /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
Step 3.- => signal 11

Better ?

Bye

Re: AIX embperl/mod_perl/apache

Posted by Jens-Uwe Mager <ju...@helios.de>.
On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 04:02:26AM -0400, Mark Ng wrote:
> and run : apachectl start
>
> I get the error :
> /usr/local/www:pizza2>  bin/apachectl start
> bin/apachectl[71]: 16760 Segmentation fault(coredump)
> bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Please do a dbx bin/httpd and type run -X and post the stack backtrace
that you get, may be that this gives a clue. And also please include the
output of perl -V, I would like to verify the dynamic linking options.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3
30827 Garbsen
Germany

Phone:		+49 5131 709320
FAX:		+49 5131 709325
Internet:	jum@helios.de

Re: AIX embperl/mod_perl/apache

Posted by Mark Ng <mn...@rnm.ca>.
I've compiled emperl (current CVS), mod_perl (current CVS) and apache 1.3.12
with
AIX patches to perl.

I've tried building mod_perl static/ embperl DSO  and mod_perl static /
embperl static and
mod_perl DSO /embperl DSO.

All with the same results:

All seem to compile correctly, but when I configure and startup apache, I get
the error in the apache/logs/error_log, when I access an .epl file.

[Mon Apr 10 03:02:49 2000] [notice] child pid 12520 exit signal Segmentation
fau
lt (11)
[Mon Apr 10 03:02:49 2000] [notice] child pid 16674 exit signal Segmentation
fau
lt (11)

And when I try the directive:

Files *.epl>
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_PATH "/usr/local/www/htdocs"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_LOG "/tmp/embperl8080.log"
SetHandler  perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options     ExecCGI
</files>

AddType text/html .epl

and run : apachectl start

I get the error :
/usr/local/www:pizza2>  bin/apachectl start
bin/apachectl[71]: 16760 Segmentation fault(coredump)
bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

> I'm having problem with in installing Embperl 1.2.1 and Current CVS with
> modperl 1.22 and apache 1.3.12 on AIX
>
> Has anyone out there installed the above combination successfully?
> If so, can you let me know what versions of software you are are using?
>
> ie:  c compiler cc, AIX, perl, mod_perl, apache, and embperl.
>
> I'm personally using:
> cc :4.4.0.2
> AIX 4.3.3.0
> perl 5.005_03
> mod_perl 1.22
> embperl 1.2.1 and Current CVS snapshot

I have AIX 4.1.5, xlc 3.1.4.8, the same perl and mod_perl and embperl
from CVS running. I would recommend that you use mod_perl from CVS and
especially pay attention to the patch recommended in the INSTALL
document, you will need to rebuild your perl before installing mod_perl.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

Re: AIX embperl/mod_perl/apache

Posted by Jens-Uwe Mager <ju...@helios.de>.

AIX embperl/mod_perl/apache

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
hi  ,

>         Now all work fine ... but I don't make the staticly version.
>
>         I have re-installed again :
>
>         Mod-Perl 1.22 (re-installed ,perl Makefile.PL
> USE_APXS=1  WITH_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs EVERYTHING=1 USE_DSO=1)
>         EmpPerl   (re-installed)
>         DBD-Sybase (re-installed)
>
> And I can restart httpd daemon without signal 11 .....

What I told you (see below), was to build without USE_DSO!!

USE_APACI=1 APACHE_SRC=/foo/bar  EVERYTHING=1

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase

Posted by mtoro <mt...@chat.cl>.
hi  ,

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase

Posted by mtoro <mt...@chat.cl>.
Hi Gerald,

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase

Posted by Ilia Lobsanov <il...@lobsanov.com>.

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
hello,

Embperl DBI - Sybase

RE: Embperl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> registry/errpage.htm
> Error in Line 95
> Is:             ></BODY></HTML><
> Should:         ><P>Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error<

Try to fetch the newest CVS snapshot from perl.apache.org/from-cvs/embperl/

Does this change anything?

If not, which version of Perl and Apache you are using?