Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dave Krewet <dk...@rw3.com> on 2000/05/19 19:44:37 UTC

XML to PDF

I recently ran across a company called Renderx.com, which produces a
commercially available XML to PDF rendering engine.  They have alot of
examples of PDF's that include graphics, hyperlinks, etc -  below is some of
their code.  Does anybody know if Cocoon supports FO code like the
following?

	-Dave

<fo:block text-align="centered">
  <fo:inline-sequence vertical-align="middle">
    <fo:inline-rule length="2.4in" rule-thickness="0.5pt" color="black"/>
  </fo:inline-sequence>
</fo:block>

OR

<fo:block text-align="centered">
  This is the image that will be used for the test:
  <fo:display-graphic text-align="centered" href="url('Images/teddy.jpg')"/>
</fo:block>

RE: XML to PDF

Posted by Dave Krewet <dk...@rw3.com>.
The RenderX engine receives a single XSL/FO document.  The engine is
compliant with XSL as described in the W3C Working Draft of 21 April 1999 -
the same version supported by FOP.  Is this correct?  Also, I'm not sure why
I would want to integrate RenderX into Coocon when FOP is apparently
supposed to do the same thing.  Does anybody know the status of the
development of FOP?

	-Dave

Re: XML to PDF

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

RE: XML to PDF

Posted by Dave Krewet <dk...@rw3.com>.
Believe me, I've been trying all day, but no luck.  According to the
Features section under FOP on xml.apache.org, it has these capabilities, but
I have not found any examlpes.  And the link sent by Nishit does not have
embeded graphics, but if you have gotten this to work, I would love to know
how.  Thanks.

    -Dave

Posted by Rafael Oropeza <ro...@eud.com>.

RE: XML to PDF