Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <jf...@apache.org> on 2019/04/14 21:08:33 UTC

[Interop] First implementation of the Interop Server is available for testing

Hi all,

I just found some time to put together a draft of the "interop" Server discussed in PLC4X-110 and PLC4X-111.
I implemented a java server which does the requests against the PLCs.
Currently I have the "mock" and the S7 Driver in the classpath.

I also have a running Java Client which can do a request against a S7 or the mock driver (uncomment the commented part for the mock).

in src/main/thrift/... I also have the generated files for python and C# where C# might be especially interesting for Björn with PLC4X-110.
It would be cool if someone tests this with using the C# Client (or also Python, should work similar).

The Thrift Protocol I use (in the interop.thrift IDL file) is a first draft.

I'll be happy for comments to the thrift and the approach.

Julian

PS.: Oh, and of course we will do it with thrift maven plugin before mergin... this is just a test.
To regenerate the thrift stuff one needs thrift 0.12.0.

Re: [Interop] First implementation of the Interop Server is available for testing

Posted by Julian Feinauer <jf...@apache.org>.
Oh, and I forgot the branch... https://github.com/apache/incubator-plc4x/tree/feature/PLC4X-111-interop-server/

The Code is in the module: plc4j/utils/interop/...