Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by J Raf <ar...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/14 21:47:08 UTC

Xindice 1.0

Hello,

I have developed an application to search and retreive XML files from
XINDCIE. The java application works well under Windows XP, However when I
packaged and deployed the application to a Linux Red Had environment, I get
many buggs.
The xpath contains function does not seem to work under Linux.
Doing solething like the following produces many hits:
xindice xpath -c /db/Scp -q "/Scp[Sc_La/La_ADD [City='MONCTON']]"
However when using contains, nothing is returned.
xindice xpath -c /db/Scp -q "/Scp[Sc_La/La_ADD [contains(City,'MONCTON')]]"

ON a windows platform the above 2 statements work well and return the
correct results.

Also I have noticed that having spaces in the Criteria does not work under
Linux: I.e:
xindice xpath -c /db/Scp -q "/Scp[Sc_La/La_ADD [City='Brit Col]]"
Howver under windows the above works well.

Has anybody experienced similar problems. Is there a fix, Do I have a wrong
version of any jar files?
Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jay

Re: Xindice 1.0

Posted by Karol Hennessy <ka...@physics.org>.
I've had problems with single quotes before.

Maybe try this instead :
xindice xpath -c /db/Scp -q "/Scp[Sc_La/La_ADD [City=\'Brit Col\']]"

Note the \' instead of just '

Solved some of my problems but maybe yours is more complex...

Karol.