Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manoj Kithany <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/17 01:16:46 UTC

Apache+Tomcat+JBoss Error (No Context configured)

Hi Experts,

Greetings!

Can you provide me with the Simple HellowWorld JSP/Servlet?
I want to TEST is my servers are working fine. I am using Apache
1.3.26, Tomcat 4.0.4, JBoss 3.0.3

Also, can you list the "Directory structure" of placing Class files, JSP
files, Servlet files, WAR/EAR/JAR files?

In "httpd.conf" I have following for Apache to know about Tomcat:
LoadModule jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache1326/conf/workers.properties
JKMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13
JKMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
JKMount /uno/* ajp13

In "workers.properties" I have following:
workers.tomcat_home=/jboss/catalina
workers.java_home=/usr/java130
ps=/
worker.list=ajp12, ajp13, ajp14
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=168.179.100.241
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

I have a simple JSP file "uno.jsp" as follows:
<%@ page import="java.text.*,java.util.*"%>

Greetings from Manoj

I created the WAR/EAR file (uno.ear; uno.war) and put those in
/jboss/server/default/deploy directory.

I then start my JBoss (Tomcat)first and then Apache and then point my URL to
http://IPADDRESS:8080/uno/uno.jsp on which I get following Error:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process
this request

Do I have to follow the same procedure for Servlets?

Do you know what this Error is about and how to tackle that.

THANKS!

Manoj G. Kithany

Re: Apache+Tomcat+JBoss Error (No Context configured)

Posted by "Philippe de M. Sevestre" <ph...@ciblis.net>.
Are you running the JBoss+Tomcat bundle or running
them in two distinct VMs ?

The "drop-in" deployment feature of wars in JBoss is
only available when running the whole thing in a single VM.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>