Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/09/10 20:52:11 UTC

Errors trying to package .debs into Packages.gz

Hi,

Any thoughts on these messages when I run the following (the docs say I can
ignore the missing override file):

mtutkowski@ubuntu:/var/www/cloudstack/repo/binary$ sudo dpkg-scanpackages .
/dev/null | tee Packages | gzip -9 > Packages.gz
tee: Packages: Permission denied
bash: Packages.gz: Permission denied
dpkg-scanpackages: warning: Packages in archive but missing from override
file:
dpkg-scanpackages: warning:   cloudstack-agent cloudstack-awsapi
cloudstack-cli cloudstack-common cloudstack-docs cloudstack-management
cloudstack-usage
dpkg-scanpackages: info: Wrote 7 entries to output Packages file.

I don't see a Packages.gz file with my .deb files in binary.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Errors trying to package .debs into Packages.gz

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
I believe it was a permissions issue with the folder called binary. I did a
sudo chmod 777 binary and now it is able to generate the Packages.gz file.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Thanks, Ian - I believe your suggestion would work, as well.

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.