Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2011/02/23 12:35:45 UTC

[VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

This got delayed a few days, as I was busy at work, but now finally I finished release preparation and posted it here:

http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.1M2/

Please evaluate and cast your votes.

Cheers,
Andrus

Re: Modeler issues

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Here is the spew:

CayenneModeler Info
Version: 3.1M2
Build Date: Feb 21 2011 12:19:50
Exception:
=================================
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.dialog.ConfirmRemoveDialog.showDialog(ConfirmRemoveDialog.java:65)
	at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.dialog.ConfirmRemoveDialog.shouldDelete(ConfirmRemoveDialog.java:95)
	at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.dialog.ConfirmRemoveDialog.shouldDelete(ConfirmRemoveDialog.java:80)
	at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.action.RemoveAttributeAction.performAction(RemoveAttributeAction.java:132)
	at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.action.RemoveAction.performAction(RemoveAction.java:102)
	at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.CayenneAction.actionPerformed(CayenneAction.java:162)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2012)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2335)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:404)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:253)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6175)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4536)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2163)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4461)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4125)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4055)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2149)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

Re: Modeler issues

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2011, at 6:07 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> The first time I tried to delete an attribute in the modeler it
>> opened an empty confirm window.  Clicking the close button (on the
>> window, because the confirm window was empty) threw an exception.  I
>> couldn't reproduce this.
>
> Do you have a stack trace for it? (often those are printed in the OSX Console).

Yes, but it is at home.  I can post it later.  And I was on Linux at
the time (Ubuntu).  First time I had ever run the modeler on Linux,
too.  Not sure if that is related or not, though.

>> Also, when creating a custom test model, I
>> accidentally tried to create a relationship name with the same name as
>> an attribute.  Clicking the "Done" button in the relationship
>> inspector didn't do anything.  Clicking it again closed the window,
>> but the relationship didn't exist.  This should probably produce a
>> warning of some kind as it took me several attempts to realize my
>> mistake.
>
> IIRC we didn't handle it well in 3.0 either. I wish we implement some "inline" error messages, like Eclipse does - just show an error in the same window while the user is typing.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I haven't thought through it a
whole lot yet.

Thanks,

mrg

Modeler issues

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Outside of a few glitches in the modeler*, everything I checked was
fine.  MD5 checksums matched.  Source compiled to the same binary as
the distribution (not counting timestamp/author differences).  All
test cases ran.  Custom test application ran.

+1 for a milestone release.

Thanks,

mrg

* The first time I tried to delete an attribute in the modeler it
opened an empty confirm window.  Clicking the close button (on the
window, because the confirm window was empty) threw an exception.  I
couldn't reproduce this.  Also, when creating a custom test model, I

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
+1

Re: [CLOSED] Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I published the release and updated the Downloads page. Will need to formulate the announcement text now.

Andrus

[CLOSED] Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Trying to build the source, but having trouble with mockito (which
means it is probably blocked here at work).  I'll have to try again
from home.

mrg

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.
I'll see if I can take a look at it tonight, as a non-binding vote. :)

GATAATGCTATTTCTTTAATTTTCGAA

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Mar 1, 2011, at 5:50 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

> * Should we close/retarget single issue left for M2 in JIRA? [1]

Done

> * Is it fine to release with obsolete (2010) license year in CM
> "About" dialog (I'll change that in trunk right now)

IMO this is fine. After all there's no hard requirement to display this copyright in the Modeler at all.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
I'm +1. I don't use that anywhere in production, but I've played with
the modeler and have addressed source code recently. The issues fixed
look very improtant, so we should deploy the version ASAP. The only
technical questions I have are:
* Should we close/retarget single issue left for M2 in JIRA? [1]
* Is it fine to release with obsolete (2010) license year in CM
"About" dialog (I'll change that in trunk right now)

Thanks,
Andrey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CAY+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.1M2%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Very cool.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Hi Andrus,

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, my four-year project (is it five now)? finally went live
yesterday.   I can't even find time to keep up with my emails right
now :)

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2