Posted to user@pig.apache.org by 唐亮 <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/17 09:14:41 UTC

Why Some Results Missed from UNION?

Hi dear pigs,
I got a problem:

When I use UNION command to combine some results in one relation at the end
of pig script,
it sometimes will miss some results from UNION.

For example:
union_all_res = *union* res1, res2, res3, res4;
dump union_all_res;  -- Or store union_all_res into '...'

It will sometimes miss some results(such as res1, res2, res3, res4).
But sometimes DUMP will show the complete results.

Please help me to figure out the problem.
Thanks!!

Re: Why Some Results Missed from UNION?

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
That behavior is certainly not expected.
The pig version number you are using and a reproducible case would be
useful.
When you say it sometimes shows the result, do you mean for some queries
it shows the results , or that for same query and same input data you
get different results ? Are relations res1, res2 actually having records
in each case ?

Thanks,
Thejas

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
What version of pig are you using? Do you have a join in your script?