Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Morales <dm...@mundivia.net> on 2007/01/18 12:15:50 UTC

AWT FONTS

Hi...

Can anybody tell me how can i change fonts in fop-awt preview?? i mean,
if i create a pdf with fop i can configure fonts, but when i do the same
operation in awt fonts aren't the same...

Does Fonts used in fop-awt are system/jdk fonts?? are they fop
user-config's file fonts??

I've tried to set system properties to different values but it doesn't
change....

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Re: AWT FONTS

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
David Morales wrote:

> Hi...
>
> Can anybody tell me how can i change fonts in fop-awt preview?? i mean,
> if i create a pdf with fop i can configure fonts, but when i do the same
> operation in awt fonts aren't the same...

Thats right. The AWT Renderer uses a different font mechanism to
PS/PDF/PCL Renderers.

> Does Fonts used in fop-awt are system/jdk fonts?? are they fop
> user-config's file fonts??

Yes AWT uses the JDK Fonts which are taken from the Operating system.

> I've tried to set system properties to different values but it doesn't
> change....

What are you trying to do? You won't able to make output from the AWT
Renderer look the same as output from PDF/PS/PCL because they are very
different.

Chris