Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/29 23:25:47 UTC

m2eclipse plugin and generated-source and Eclipse Classpath

Recently I switched to use m2eclipse plugin 0.9.6 for multi-module project
support using Eclipse 3.4

I found one issue when my import was completed, I had some JAXB generated
code during build time in maven generate-sources phase, when I use to run
mvn eclipse:eclipse it always add those jaxb generated code in classpath but
m2eclipse is ignoring those classes and I am getting compilation error in
eclipse.

But it works fine from maven (2.0.9) command for compile or install goal, it
always add the generated source in classpath

			<plugin>
				<groupId>com.sun.tools.xjc.maven2</groupId>
				<artifactId>maven-jaxb-plugin</artifactId>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>EMI Schema Code Generation</id>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>generate</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<generatePackage>com.liquid.ingest.emi</generatePackage>

<generateDirectory>${basedir}/target/generated-emi-xsd</generateDirectory>
							<includeSchemas>
								<includeSchema>*.xsd</includeSchema>
							</includeSchemas>
						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

Re: m2eclipse plugin and generated-source and Eclipse Classpath

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

  I've added entry about this to the project FAQ at
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Project+FAQ#ProjectFAQ-generated

  regards,
  Eugene