Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net> on 2018/04/24 13:45:35 UTC

NetBeans 9.0 not showing Git history in "Editor History" tab

I am using the current 9.0 build 272 and I have noticed that the "History" tab inside the editor does not show the Git history.
The Local history works fine.

However when I use "Show annotations" to see who committed what, I can right click on those annotation and choose "Diff to Previous" and I do see the changes.

Right clicking on a source file and then choosing "Git -> Show History" also works.
Just not the "History" tab in the editor or "History -> Show History" from the context menu

Am I missing something?

Thomas

Re: NetBeans 9.0 not showing Git history in "Editor History" tab

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.
On 04/28/2018 04:28 AM, Emilian Bold wrote:
> Fixed https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/524

Built from source, works great. Thanks!

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: NetBeans 9.0 not showing Git history in "Editor History" tab

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
Fixed https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/524

--emi

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.
On 04/25/2018 02:20 AM, John McDonnell wrote:
> FYI: Both those Jenkins jobs build from the same branch.
>
> The only difference I see is some different ant targets being used, so
> you'd see the same issue in the latest of each build since their from
> roughly the same codebase.

I guess I stand corrected; I was thrown off by the build numbers.
Running that binary, I see that the profiler runs under JDK 10, which is
a fix that was integrated during NetCAT.

But to rephrase Thomas' question, why are there two? What is different
between them, and why? And which is the "proper" one to use to get the
latest nightly build?

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
FYI: Both those Jenkins jobs build from the same branch.

The only difference I see is some different ant targets being used, so
you'd see the same issue in the latest of each build since their from
roughly the same codebase.

John

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.