Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by bhaskar kirankumar <kb...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/16 20:04:45 UTC

Getting 401 Unauthorized Error

Hi,

I Created an webservice (using axis2) to tallk to exchange server through webdav.

My application talks to webservice to do the operations such as retrieve Calender info and etc..

If my application and webservice deployed on normal windows machine , it works fine.

If my application deployed on windows and webservice deployed on linux, it works fine

If my applicatin deployed and webservice deployed on linux, its throwing 401 unauthorized error.

If you have any suggestions/solutions, please post to me.

Note: There are no configuration related errors/mistakes, as far as i know.

Thanks,
Bhaskara

Sign in and get updated with all the action!
http://content.msn.co.in/Sports/FormulaOne/Default

Re: Getting 401 Unauthorized Error

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hi,

> If my application and webservice deployed on normal windows machine
> , it works fine.
>
> If my application deployed on windows and webservice deployed on
> linux, it works fine
>
> If my applicatin deployed and webservice deployed on linux, its
> throwing 401 unauthorized error.

Check the proxy settings on the Linux machine.
They're in environment variables, make sure no
proxy is set when you start your application.

You can also cross-check with the application
on Linux and the webservice on Windows.

hope that helps,
  Roland