Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2015/08/20 11:24:22 UTC

Incorrect import range for javax.transaction makes openjpa incompatible to jta 2.1

We recently updated karaf to use jta 1.2 as it provides a standard
@Transactional annotation for usage in user code.

The problem is that openjpa does not work with jta 1.2. As far as I can
tell the issue is only an incorrect import range.
I opened an issue for this but got no response till now:

There is also a much older issue to create a karaf feature file during
the openjpa build:

As we just released karaf 4.0.1 it will take about a month till the next
bugfix release. We need new openjpa releases with at least the first
issue solved. Until then openjpa will not work correctly in karaf with
aries transaction 1.1.x.

I can do the work of creating the patches or github pull requests if you
prefer.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider