Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/04 02:22:23 UTC

Report for Jan 2015

Hello all,

Have consolidated and put details for the report below, please chime in if
something is missed or needs changes. Will update wiki on 6th Jan.

Lens

Lens is a platform that enables multi-dimensional queries in a unified way
over datasets stored in multiple warehouses. Lens integrates Apache Hive
with
other data warehouses by tiering them together to form logical data cubes.

Lens has been incubating since 2014-10-10.

  1. Make the first release from apache
  2. Make project website available on apache
  3. Reach out to people through presentations and blogs

aware of?

  We are still waiting for project website creation via

 * Logo of the project has been finalized and published.
 * Added one new committer/PPMC
 * Had contributor meetup in Bangalore, India
 * Mailing list subscription (as on 2015-jan-03):
  **   Dev list : 29 members
  **   Commits list : 14 members
  **   User list : 21 members

 * Main activities include
   ** Podling setup wrt jenkins and pushing docs
   ** Improving documentation
   ** Stabilizing the code for first stable release

 * Mailing list activity :
 ** Dev via http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lens-dev/
 *** December - 1380 messsages
 ** Commits via
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lens-commits/
 *** December - 50 messages
 ** User mailing list activity - None

 * Issues 101 created and 62 resolved via 30 day summary from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LENS/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

Date of last release:  NONE

When were the last committers or PMC members elected? 2014-12-24

Thanks
Amareshwari

Re: Report for Jan 2015

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.