Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christian Jensen <ch...@jensenbox.com> on 2012/11/19 06:05:55 UTC

Per user document exclusions

Hi,

We have a need to allow each user to 'exclude' individual documents in the
results. We can easily do this now within the RDBMS using a FTS index and a
query with 'OUTER LEFT JOIN WHERE NULL' type of thing.

Can Solr do this somehow? Heavy customization is not a problem - I would
bet this has already been done. I would like to avoid multiple trips back
and forth from either the DB or SOLR if possible.

Thanks!
Christian

--

*Christian Jensen*
724 Ioco Rd

Re: Per user document exclusions

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Since you didn't explicitly mention it, I'm not sure if you are aware of it
- ManifoldCF has ACL support built in.  This may be what you are after.

Otis
--
Solr Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm/index.html

Posted by SUJIT PAL <su...@comcast.net>.
Hi Christian,

Since customization is not a problem in your case, how about writing out the userId and excluded document ids to the database when it is excluded, and then for each query from the user (possibly identified by a userid parameter), lookup the database by userid, construct a NOT filter out of the excluded docIds, then send to Solr as the fq?

We are using a variant of this approach to allow database style wildcard search on document titles.

-sujit