Posted to dev@mrql.apache.org by Etienne Dumoulin <et...@idiro.com> on 2014/12/18 10:58:28 UTC

Install

Hi MRQL developers,

First of all, thanks for developing and releasing this project.

I am very new to MRQL and I would like to give you my feedback
on MRQL installation in the hope you will find it useful.

I had to compiled the code for hadoop-1.0.4, spark-1.0.2, and hama-0.6.3.

The maven build fail a first time on building test for core because of a
dependency issue, I had to add
-  commons-io artifact version 1.3.2 in the test scope

A second compilation error appears later due to a Configuration.unset
method not found in the file
mapreduce/src/main/java/org/apache/mrql/MapReduceEvaluator.gen
I guess this method exists only for Hadoop 2.X version...

Once everything has been compiled and deployed on the server, I had several
failures due to jline and CUP jars not set, I think you may need a line in
the documentation saying that you may need to delete the FULL_JAR
(mrql-all*.jar) when you change the classpath, may be it is because I am
working on a multi-user environment but it took me a while to figure this
out.

Thanks again for all your work,

Étienne

--
Étienne Dumoulin
Head of product development

Idiro Technologies
Clarendon House,
34-37 Clarendon St,
Dublin 2
Ireland

Re: Install

Posted by Leonidas Fegaras <fe...@cse.uta.edu>.
Hi Etienne,
Thank you for reporting these problems.
I have created a patch at JIRA (MRQL-60) that fixes the problems.
Best regards
Leonidas Fegaras