Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gian Paolo Buono <gi...@gesca.it> on 2016/10/07 12:01:08 UTC

HA-enabled VM

Hi all,

how can i set HA Enabled to yes, in the istance of Vm ? If can't modify
that parameter.

Thanks

Re: HA-enabled VM

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.
As it turned out on existing VMs it is not enough to change it service offering since the setting persists during the VM creation and remains the same.
You need to update it for each VM
You can use this sample to update a given service offering and all active VMs that were started up from it to be HA enabled (rerplace XXXXX with a name of your service offering).  Then stop/start all VMs to activate this:

update cloud.vm_instance i
join cloud.disk_offering do on do.id=i.service_offering_id
join service_offering so on so.id=do.id
set i.ha_enabled=1, so.ha_enabled=1
where i.removed is null and do.name = 'XXXXX'

On 10/8/16, 7:19 AM, "Gian Paolo Buono" <gi...@gesca.it> wrote:

    I've  tried it but not work..any other suggestions?
     bye
    On 10/07/2016 02:46 PM, Sergey Levitskiy wrote:

    You can find all service offerings used by those VM and change in service_offereing table a field ha_enabled to ’1’. After that Stop/Start VMs should make them HA.

    On 10/7/16, 5:40 AM, "Gian Paolo Buono" <gi...@gesca.it> wrote:

        Thanks Boris,

        It works.. The problem is that I  have 100 vm without HA, there is a
        charm to enable the HA to all vm  ?

        Thanks

Re: HA-enabled VM

Posted by Gian Paolo Buono <gi...@gesca.it>.