Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/07/13 09:46:27 UTC

Re: [LDStack]: marmotta debian package

Hi Alejandra

welcome on board!

Please, we prefer such kind of questions go to the users mailing list
rather than provatelly to one developer. In that way we grow our
documentation, so in the future other users could check the answer to
similar questions. You can find all the information about our mailing list
at http://marmotta.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Back to your question...

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Alejandra García Rojas <
alejandra.garciarojas@ontos.com> wrote:

> I'm testing all Debian packages uploaded to the
> http://stack.linkeddata.org/download/repo.php this year.
>
> According to http://marmotta.apache.org/installation.html, I should be
> able to see the Marmotta UI when I open my http://localhost:8080/ right?
> However, I only see a normal tomcat welcome screen.
> I attach the installation output of the debian package.

The installation log looks normal for dpkg. Looks you're requesting the
root (http://localhost:8080/), so what you get is Tomcat itself. According
the documentation http://marmotta.apache.org/installation#deb the Debian
package installs Marmotta under the /marmotta context, so you have to
access http://localhost:8080/marmotta for going into the Marmotta webapp.

Please, check if Marmotta is running there. and if not come back to
users@marmotta.apache.org and we can try to help you.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: [LDStack]: marmotta debian package

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@redlink.co>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Alejandra García Rojas <
alejandra.garciarojas@ontos.com> wrote:

> Thank you, I gave it a second try and it was installed correctly.

Great!

With "a second try" do you mean reinstalling the package or just trying to
reach Marmotta at the expected url?

Looking at your documentation, I'd like to add that the link provided in  -
> "a new repository entry
> <http://stack.linkeddata.org/download-and-install/> to" -  has changed,
> and it should be
> http://stack.linkeddata.org/getting-started/installing-components/.

Ah, thank, I've just fixed the link (see r1690664:
http://svn.apache.org/r1690664), and the patch has been already published
to the cms. Thanks for the hint.

Cheers,

P.S.: please, subscribe to the users mailing list
http://marmotta.apache.org/mail-lists.html to continue replying this thread

Posted by Alejandra García Rojas <al...@ontos.com>.
Thank you, I gave it a second try and it was installed correctly.

Looking at your documentation, I'd like to add that the link provided in  -
"a new repository entry <http://stack.linkeddata.org/download-and-install/> to"
-  has changed, and it should be
http://stack.linkeddata.org/getting-started/installing-components/.

Kind regards,
Alejandra.

--
Alejandra Garcia Rojas M.Ontos AG Mittelstrasse 24, 2560 Nidau, Switzerland
Mobile:+41 79 811 5839