Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Anders Skjoldebrand <An...@swipnet.se> on 2012/06/11 18:24:20 UTC

Writer Mail merge test SMTP server connection fails

Hello,

After Upgrading from 3.3 to OO 3.4 my Writer Mail Merge function stopped working.
The SMTP server contact testing now fails using the same setup as I had with the 3.3 version?
Any clues?

Anders

Anders Skjöldebrand
Bygdevägen 22
191 63 Sollentuna
+46-8-927676
+46-72-7007676
anders.skjoldebrand@swipnet.se

Re: Writer Mail merge test SMTP server connection fails

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Anders,

Anders Skjoldebrand schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> After Upgrading from 3.3 to OO 3.4 my Writer Mail Merge function stopped working.
> The SMTP server contact testing now fails using the same setup as I had with the 3.3 version?
> Any clues?

We need some more information to help you.
1. To which SMTP server do you try to connect?
2. Which Operating System do you use?

Do you use the same user-folder in 3.4 which you have used before? If
yes, please rename it, so that a new one is generated with the next
start of AOO. Sometimes an error is somewhere in the user settings.

Kind regards
Regina