Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@apache.org> on 2004/06/29 01:56:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Collections 3.1 released

The Commons Collections team is pleased to announce the release of Commons
Collections 3.1. Commons Collections provides additional interfaces and
implementations based on, and inspired by, the Java Collections Framework
(Collection, List, Set, Map).

This release fixes a number of bugs in v3.0 and is fully compatible. Release
v3.1 is also compatible with v2.1.1 enabling a workaround of previous
compatability issues in IteratorUtils. In addition to bug fixes, this
release adds various new features including:
* TreeList - A new list implementation that is faster than ArrayList in
certain use cases
* MultiKeyMap - A dedicated map implementation to support combined keys
mapping to a value
* ReferenceIdentityMap - An identity based map whose keys/values can be
garbage collected
* Many more Serializable classes

Read the Release notes:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES.html

Download the binary distribution:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi#commons-collections

Download the source distribution:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi#commons-collections

Browse the collections website:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/index.html

Please direct any feedback on issues or bugs to
commons-user@jakarta.apache.org.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Collections 3.1 released

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 30 Jun 2004, at 23:21, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> Sorry again :-(

my apologies, there was no need to post this twice. i've had a
frustrating week with events conspiring against me but i shouldn't have
let it get to me.

> BTW, I noticed that every one of the front page news items was a
> commons
> release, so I guess we are really pushing things along at the moment.

yep - that's a good thing :)

- robert

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Collections 3.1 released

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Sorry again :-(

BTW, I noticed that every one of the front page news items was a commons
release, so I guess we are really pushing things along at the moment.

Stephen

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.