Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/27 12:43:59 UTC

'solr zk upconfig' etc not working on windows since 6.1 at least

hi,

Am I missing something or this is broken in windows? I cannot upconfig, the
scripts keeps exiting immediately and showing usage, as if I use some wrong
parameters.  This is on win10, jdk8. But I am pretty sure I saw it also on
win7 (don't have that around anymore to try)

I think the issue is: there is a SHIFT too much in line 1276 of solr.cmd:

:set_zk_op
set ZK_OP=%~1
SHIFT
goto parse_zk_args

if this SHIFT is removed, then parse_zk_args works (and it does the shift
itself). But the upconfig hangs, so still it does not work.

this probably was introduced in a851d5f557aefd76c01ac23da076a14dc7576d8e by
Erick (not sure which one :) ) on July 2nd. Master still has this issue.
Would be great if this was fixed in the incoming 6.3...

My cmd scripting is not too strong and I did not go further. I searched
Jira but found nothing. By the way is it not possible to open tickets in
Jira anymore?

xavier

Re: 'solr zk upconfig' etc not working on windows since 6.1 at least

Posted by xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com>.
done, with simple patch https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9697

Posted by xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Would you mind opening a jira issue and give a patch (diff)? 6.3 is coming
out soon and we'd have to hurry if this fix has to go in.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 6:32 PM, xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Correcting myself here, I was wrong about the cause (I had already messed
> with the script).
>
> I made it work by commenting out line 1261 (the number might be a bit off
> as I have modified the script, but hopefully its easy to see where):
>
> ) ELSE IF "%1"=="/?" (
>   goto zk_usage
> ) ELSE IF "%1"=="-h" (
>   goto zk_usage
> ) ELSE IF "%1"=="-help" (
>   goto zk_usage
> ) ELSE IF "!ZK_SRC!"=="" (
>   if not "%~1"=="" (
>     goto set_zk_src
>   )
>  * rem goto zk_usage*
> ) ELSE IF "!ZK_DST!"=="" (
>   IF "%ZK_OP%"=="cp" (
>     goto set_zk_dst
>   )
>   IF "%ZK_OP%"=="mv" (
>     goto set_zk_dst
>   )
>   set ZK_DST="_"
> ) ELSE IF NOT "%1"=="" (
>   set ERROR_MSG="Unrecognized or misplaced zk argument %1%"
>
> Now upconfig works!
>
> thanks
> xavier
>

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM, xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > Am I missing something or this is broken in windows? I cannot upconfig,
> > the scripts keeps exiting immediately and showing usage, as if I use some
> > wrong parameters.  This is on win10, jdk8. But I am pretty sure I saw it
> > also on win7 (don't have that around anymore to try)
> >
> > I think the issue is: there is a SHIFT too much in line 1276 of solr.cmd:
> >
> > :set_zk_op
> > set ZK_OP=%~1
> > SHIFT
> > goto parse_zk_args
> >
> > if this SHIFT is removed, then parse_zk_args works (and it does the shift
> > itself). But the upconfig hangs, so still it does not work.
> >
> > this probably was introduced in a851d5f557aefd76c01ac23da076a14dc7576d8e
> > by Erick (not sure which one :) ) on July 2nd. Master still has this
> issue.
> > Would be great if this was fixed in the incoming 6.3...
> >
> > My cmd scripting is not too strong and I did not go further. I searched
> > Jira but found nothing. By the way is it not possible to open tickets in
> > Jira anymore?
> >
> > xavier

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: 'solr zk upconfig' etc not working on windows since 6.1 at least

Posted by xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com>.