Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ravindar Reddy <rr...@attbi.com> on 2002/07/08 16:19:42 UTC

Custom security realm/class loader issues

I wrote a custom security realm for authentication. This realm class is
referring to the code in the web application. When I try to deploy the
realm in the web app context I get:

(1) Class not found exception for support classes that are defined in web
app. Because of indirect references, I had to copy all my web application
libraries to server/lib folder to avoid this error.
(2) When I copy web app libraries to server/lib folder I get class cast
exception from the Apache digester library (I am using this in my web app)

Is there  anyway the realm code can resolve class references from the web
app itself as it is configured in the web app context. I just want to avoid
coping all the web app libraries to server/lib folder to support all
classes referred in realm code.

I would very interested in knowing if there is any elegant solution to this
other than putting all web app classes in system classpath or server/lib
folder. I am working with Tomcat 4.0.3.

Regards
-Reddy R