Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Igal Sapir <ig...@lucee.org> on 2019/04/14 17:23:13 UTC

Re: Build Dependencies

John,

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:50 AM John Dale <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark;
>
> Do you have an artifact depicting the dependencies in Tomcat?  I'd
> like to start building, debugging, and helping-out, but I just like
> using Ant and using manual methods for dependencies at compile time.
>
> Do I have a chance?

I recommend reviewing the build.xml file along with
build.properties.default.  They contain everything you need including
dependency downloads, IDE skeletons, etc.

Also, in the future please rename the subject line when replying in an
announcement thread.

Best,

Igal

Re: [OT] Build Dependencies

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Igal,

On 4/15/19 12:12, Igal Sapir wrote:
> Chris,
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 7:52 AM Christopher Schultz <
> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
> Igal,

> Or just: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/building.html
>

>> Sure, but from my experience the source always reveals more, and
>> more accurately.  The doc is probably a better starting point
>> though.

> No! Don't do that, either. It doesn't break the thread. Instead,
> send a new message to the list.
>

>> It actually did for me (using Google Mail), but yes, a new thread
>> is the right way to go, especially since the new message is not
>> related to the announcement in any way.

While it does indeed result in a message sent to the list, it's still
threaded along with the originally-sent message, like here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2f417894a51653ed5345a741c2b81fa9a6a
4136dbd3de60e566c9279@%3Cdev.tomcat.apache.org%3E

- -chris

Re: Build Dependencies

Posted by Igal Sapir <ig...@lucee.org>.
Chris,

Re: Build Dependencies

Posted by John Dale <jc...@gmail.com>.
I neglected to appreciate the volume of communication you guys deal with.

Igor - thanks!

Chris - noted.

Have a good one,

John