Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darren Kukulka <Da...@connaught.plc.uk> on 2007/07/12 10:27:09 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.20 terminated unexpectedly

Hi Tomcaters,

We are running an instance of Tomcat 5.5.20 on Windows Server 2003 R2
x64 Standard.

The JVM is SUN JDK 1.5.0_10 and the Tomcat.exe has been compiled under
64-bit Windows and is running as a service.

On a few occasions the service has stopped abruptly.  The only evidence
of this is an entry in the Event Log stating that "The Apache Tomcat
service terminated unexpectedly." with an error code of 7034.

There is nothing in the Tomcat logs to suggest a cause.

This may be a moot point for us in the medium term as we are about to
move to Java 6/Tomcat 6...but in the meantime it would be nice to find
out if there's a known problem.   I've noticed similar issues with
earlier versions of Tomcat that have come down to bug fixes but has
anybody come across this behaviour in 5.5.20?

Cheers,

Darren.

Connaught wins RoSPA Gold Award for fifth year running

Considerate Contractor Gold Award in 2006

Partnering Contractor of the Year Award in 2005

Please visit our website to see a full list of Connaught's Registered Companies www.connaught.plc.uk/Investors/Registered-Companies

Disclaimer:
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message.
Connaught plc, Head Office 01392 444546

Re: Tomcat 5.5.20 terminated unexpectedly

Posted by Jake Alley <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Tomcat does this to me periodically, but it almost always involves some problematic code I'm running.

The only way I know of debugging it is to search your access logs for the last pages that have been accessed and work backwards with log entries in your code to see where the server is crashing.

Darren Kukulka <Da...@connaught.plc.uk> wrote: Hi Tomcaters,

[...]

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.