Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/10/13 02:58:02 UTC

Build Failures

Committers:

Git 183ab7a801b2425bd9db57491e8809de0b7dcd71 appears to have broken unit tests; builds.apache.org tracks 8 failed builds as a result of this check-in. It looks like there were 7 commits after this failure that were pushed into trunk.

Please verify that the unit tests complete successfully before committing your work.

In this case, the failure was a side effect of a legitimate change and the test case could have been adjusted accordingly. I altered the test case for the new scenario along with my commit to ensure that the tests continue to work.

Furthermore, please read and follow the new developer guidelines which strive to prevent failures from making it into trunk:
https://docs.google.com/a/hortonworks.com/document/d/1hz7qjGKkNeckMibEs67ZmAa2kxjie0zkG6H_IiC2RgA/edit?pli=1
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Build Failures

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
+1 Jonathan, thank you for following up!

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Committers:
>
> Git 183ab7a801b2425bd9db57491e8809de0b7dcd71 appears to have broken unit
> tests; builds.apache.org tracks 8 failed builds as a result of this
> check-in. It looks like there were 7 commits after this failure that were
> pushed into trunk.
>
> Please verify that the unit tests complete successfully before committing
> your work.
>
> In this case, the failure was a side effect of a legitimate change and the
> test case could have been adjusted accordingly. I altered the test case for
> the new scenario along with my commit to ensure that the tests continue to
> work.
>
> Furthermore, please read and follow the new developer guidelines which
> strive to prevent failures from making it into trunk:
>
> https://docs.google.com/a/hortonworks.com/document/d/1hz7qjGKkNeckMibEs67ZmAa2kxjie0zkG6H_IiC2RgA/edit?pli=1
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

-jun

Re: Build Failures

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
+1 for ensuring unit tests complete successfully!