Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@houston.rr.com> on 2003/01/23 08:06:55 UTC

Status of schema validation?

Could I get an update on the status of schema validation in the
xmlvalidate task or otherwise?

Examining the source suggested that you could schema valid documents
that contained xsi:schemaLocation or noNamespaceSchemaLocation
attributes by specifying the appropriate SAX attributes using nested
<attribute/> elements.  But it did not suggest a way to schema validate
documents that do not have internal schema location hints.

Was there code submitted that allowed that type of validation and it was
veto'd or deferred?

Re: Status of schema validation?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Curt Arnold <ca...@houston.rr.com> wrote:

> Could I get an update on the status of schema validation in the
> xmlvalidate task or otherwise?

Supposed to work in CVS HEAD, AFAIK that is.

> But it did not suggest a way to schema validate documents that do
> not have internal schema location hints.

I don't know about that.

Stefan