Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "rajesh.bawal@orkash.com" <ra...@orkash.com> on 2012/08/07 07:19:00 UTC

Error starting cassandra node

Hi Everyone,
I have an error starting a cassandra node. I have checked the
configuration file cassandra.yaml where the cluster name is Brisk
Cluster.Where as the when i start the node it give me exception with the
cluster name as Test Cluster. I am using brisk-1.0-beta2 version.

ERROR 10:40:18,655 Fatal exception during initialization
org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: Saved cluster name
Test Cluster != configured name Brisk Cluster
     at
org.apache.cassandra.db.SystemTable.checkHealth(SystemTable.java:255)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.setup(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:128)
     at com.datastax.brisk.BriskDaemon.setup(BriskDaemon.java:73)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:315)
     at com.datastax.brisk.BriskDaemon.main(BriskDaemon.java:201)

Could anyone help me solve the issue and let me know whats going on.

Thanks
Rajesh Kumar

Re: Error starting cassandra node

Posted by Abhijit Chanda <ab...@gmail.com>.
Perform these steps on each node:
Start the Cassandra-cli connected  to your node.
Run the following:

   1. use system;
   2. set LocationInfo[utf8('L')][utf8('ClusterName')]=utf8('Brisk
   Cluster');
   3. exit;
   4. Run nodetool flush on this node.
   5. Update the cassandra.yaml file for the cluster_name
   6. Restart the node.

Don't forget to kept the the default cluster name Test Cluster  while
performing the initial operations

Regards,
Abhijit

Re: Error starting cassandra node

Posted by "rajesh.bawal@orkash.com" <ra...@orkash.com>.
Hi Ei,

Thanks a lot.IT worked. The node has started after deleting the files
from the system keyspace.

Thanks
Rajesh Kumar

Posted by 張 睿 <ch...@cyberagent.co.jp>.