Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/04/23 13:33:52 UTC

Tomcat users meetup in London

Just trying to gauge interest at this point. How many folks would be
interested in some form of meetup in London, UK?

If so, what would you want to do? Discuss something, have a presentation
on something, hack up some code to do something, just have a few beers,
something else?

Mark

RE: Tomcat users meetup in London

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Tomcat users meetup in London
>
> Just trying to gauge interest at this point. How many folks would be
> interested in some form of meetup in London, UK?

If it were next week, I'd be up for it - putting faces on names would be enlightening.  I think my wife would justifiably frown on anything that even remotely sounds like it's associated with work, so a social event would be best.  Pseudo-burgers at a Wimpy Bar?  (Do they still exist?)

 - Chuck

Re: Tomcat users meetup in London

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Just trying to gauge interest at this point. How many folks would be
> interested in some form of meetup in London, UK?
>
> If so, what would you want to do? Discuss something, have a presentation
> on something, hack up some code to do something, just have a few beers,
> something else?

+1 for beer.

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Just trying to gauge interest at this point. How many folks would be
> interested in some form of meetup in London, UK?
>
> If so, what would you want to do? Discuss something, have a presentation
> on something, hack up some code to do something, just have a few beers,
> something else?

Is anybody willing to appear on GeeCon in Cracow, Poland?
http://www.geecon.org/

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>