Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by William Marshall <wc...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/29 17:17:58 UTC

'emiritus' committer status

Hi all,

Apache has the concept of "emeritus" committers who have contributed to a
project in the past, but are not currently committing, writing docs, or
generally interacting with the project.
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#emeritus

Since I fit this description, I'm going to transition to an emeritus
committer. There's no formal process for this, but I expect it would help
when writing the monthly podling report to give an indication of active
committer diversity. Optionally, we could list this on whimsy or our
website.

Regards,

Will