Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Liesen, Dr. Arndt" <ar...@bff.bund.de> on 2004/02/24 18:04:31 UTC

Starting problem with Cocoon

Hello,
here is an absolute novice to Cocoon  trying to get running 2.0.4 under
Tomcat 3.2. Instead of the Welcome page http://localhost:8080/cocoon gets me
a (judging from the format: cocoon - ) page  "Internal servlet error"
indicating "Cocoon was not initialized. Cannot process request." from sender
"org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet". I do not find anything about what
and where to initialize. Anybody out there to help?
Thanks a lot
Arndt

Re: Starting problem with Cocoon

Posted by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com>.
Hi, if you are just starting it may be good to start with Cocoon 2.1 and
tomcat 5.0.18.  (This version of tomcat is sweet) Or is there something
requiring you to stay back capatible?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Liesen, Dr. Arndt wrote:

>Hello,
>here is an absolute novice to Cocoon  trying to get running 2.0.4 under
>Tomcat 3.2. Instead of the Welcome page http://localhost:8080/cocoon gets me
>a (judging from the format: cocoon - ) page  "Internal servlet error"
>indicating "Cocoon was not initialized. Cannot process request." from sender
>"org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet". I do not find anything about what
>and where to initialize. Anybody out there to help?

The situation you describe means that Tomcat couldn't start Cocoon,
which usually means an environment problem.  If you are using jdk 1.4
see the FAQ in the wiki, or archives about the "endorsed libs" problem.
If not, you'll need to check tomcat's logs to see what the problem is --
it could be permissions, incompatible binary version, etc.

Geoff

Re: Starting problem with Cocoon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Mardi, 24 fév 2004, à 18:04 Europe/Zurich, Liesen, Dr. Arndt a écrit
:

> Hello,
> here is an absolute novice to Cocoon  trying to get running 2.0.4 under
> Tomcat 3.2....

If you just want to try Cocoon, it would be easier to start it using
the cocoon.sh or cocoon.bat script as described in INSTALL.TXT

-Bertrand