Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Shailesh Sharma <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/13 22:46:24 UTC

how to access a SQL database through ANT

Hi,

  I have a small ANT script that iam using to remote deploy my weblogic applications.  It uses weblogic.Deployer internally and after deployment, it backs up my EAR/WAR files in a separate folder.

  Now, I wanted to make an entry in the SQL database after iam done deploying > backing up files.

  Does somebody know what ant package do i need and if somebody can share some ant build snippets, that be great.

  thanks, shailesh

  </target>
  <target name="deploy-now-on-testnet">
      <java classname="weblogic.Deployer" fork="true" maxmemory="256m" failonerror="true">
            <classpath>
                    <pathelement path="${CLASSPATH}"/>
            </classpath>
              <arg line="-username system"/>
            <arg line="-password ${pass.testnet}"/>
            <arg line="-adminurl ${testnet.admin.url}"/>
            <arg value="-upload"/>
            <arg value="-stage"/>
            <arg value="-${deploy.utility}"/>
            <arg line="-source ${APP_PATH_TEST}/${source}"/>
            <arg line="-targets ${sipApplication.target}"/>
            <sysproperty key="weblogic.home" path="${WL_HOME}"/>
    </java>
      <tstamp/>
      <copy todir="../last-deployed-testnet">
           <fileset dir="../current-testnet"/>
           <mapper type="glob" from="*" to="*.${DSTAMP}.${TSTAMP}"/>
    </copy>
  </target>

---------------------------------

Re: how to access a SQL database through ANT

Posted by Greg Akins <ga...@insomnia-consulting.org>.
ant sql just uses jdbc.

You'll need the jdbc drivers for your database.

If you dont have access to a database already, then yes, you'll have
to install the database.

Re: how to access a SQL database through ANT

Posted by Shailesh Sharma <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Honestly, i googled on the ant SQL task and found out some examples. But if you can let me know what is needed before these tasks can be used , that will save lot of my time (ofcourse if you want).

  do i need to install SQL Server on my box ?
  what drivers ?
  any specific ant package ?

  thanks, shailesh

Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
  Hello,

please simply read the ant manual. There is a SQL task with which you can
execute SQL statements.

Regards,

Antoine
> I have a small ANT script that iam using to remote deploy my weblogic
applications. It uses weblogic.Deployer internally and after deployment, it
backs up my EAR/WAR files in a separate folder.

> Now, I wanted to make an entry in the SQL database after iam done
deploying > backing up files.

> Does somebody know what ant package do i need and if somebody can share
some ant build snippets, that be great.

> thanks, shailesh
>

> failonerror="true">

Yahoo! Mail

Re: how to access a SQL database through ANT