Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Khalid K." <gr...@maikada.com> on 2002/12/05 17:57:05 UTC

usefulness of html:message tag

Being new to the struts world, I have the following question:

The <html:message>  tag uses ApplicationResources.properties file which is defined in struts-config.xml file.
This works fine for small sites. But what if the site contains 100s if not 1000s lines of text which needs to be managed and internationalized ? In that case ApplicationResource.properties file becomes huge and unmanageable, and furthermore as far as I can tell, you are allowed to have only 1 resource file per web app. So internationalization is out of question.

In our case, we don't use html:message tag, but instead we use ResourceBundle to get the resource spanish/english and then in our JSPs we create a bean, and just do a <bean_name>.getValue("key").

Any ideas of how to approach this in another way ???

Thanks,

Khalid