Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Piekorz Martin <pi...@primion.de> on 2008/05/16 14:41:38 UTC

[Trinidad] Mask for a inputDate field

Hi @ all,

does someone know a way how to define a mask for a inputDate like (__:__:__) or ( __/__/ ____ ) . This would be easier for the user to enter the right things.
If I have such a mask, does this work with the PPR when the autoSubmit is set to true or might it try to submit because a value change event might be fired?
Thank you.

Kind regards
Martin

Re: [Trinidad] Mask for a inputDate field

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I don't know of a great way to do this. One option is to pre-populate
the date with the version you want. Another is to set the tooltip of
the input with the requested format. Another could be to have some
kind of help text appear somewhere on focus of the component that
suggests the format. And lastly, another is to make a custom renderer
that renders it as 3 input texts to make it really clear how to enter
it.

-Andrew

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@gmail.com>.
This component will be created soon in Tomahawk sandbox.
I will ping you once it is done.

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog