Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "S.Onur SELAMET" <on...@cozumbil.com.tr> on 2006/10/11 13:26:11 UTC

Additional attributes for (Extending BaseFieldTag)

I want to add an attribute to struts ( ver: 1.3.5 )  <html:text/> tag. I
m trying to extend "org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BaseFieldTag/"/ and
after declaring variable and constructing accessors for it, i try to
override "protected void prepareOtherAttributes()" /  /method with
proper "prepareAttribute()" method usage in it.

There is nothing more coded in my tag class. I have my custom tag
classes in a different package. All TLD files and jar structure is ok.
When i use my tag in a jsp with proper taglib prefix declaration and
attributes i get the Exception " javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot
find bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN in any scope". Additionally
if i dont override any methods or add any attributes to my class
extending BaseFieldTag it renders with no problems at all.

Any advice,solution,comment or idea is appreciated.

Desired tag usage and the rendered xhtml :

 <xyz:text property="var" exAttrib="example"/>  --(should be rendered
as)--> <input type="text" name="var" exAttrib="example"/>

Thanks.

S.Onur SELAMET

Re: Additional attributes for (Extending BaseFieldTag)

Posted by "S.Onur SELAMET" <on...@cozumbil.com.tr>.
S.Onur SELAMET yazmış:
> I want to add an attribute to struts ( ver: 1.3.5 )  <html:text/> tag.
> I m trying to extend "org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BaseFieldTag/"/
> and after declaring variable and constructing accessors for it, i try
> to override "protected void prepareOtherAttributes()" /  /method with
> proper "prepareAttribute()" method usage in it.
>
> There is nothing more coded in my tag class. I have my custom tag
> classes in a different package. All TLD files and jar structure is ok.
> When i use my tag in a jsp with proper taglib prefix declaration and
> attributes i get the Exception " javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
> Cannot find bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN in any scope".
> Additionally if i dont override any methods or add any attributes to
> my class extending BaseFieldTag it renders with no problems at all.
>
> Any advice,solution,comment or idea is appreciated.
>
> Desired tag usage and the rendered xhtml :
>
> <xyz:text property="var" exAttrib="example"/>  --(should be rendered
> as)--> <input type="text" name="var" exAttrib="example"/>
>
> Thanks.
>
> S.Onur SELAMET

> Text inserted by Panda Client Shield:
>
> This message has NOT been classified as spam. If it is unsolicited
> mail (spam), click on the following link to reclassify it:
> http://127.0.0.1:6083/Panda?ID=pav_38&SPAM=true

[SOLVED]

Solved by myself thanks.