Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Doug Collinge <dc...@abyssnet.com> on 2000/08/28 10:59:34 UTC

mod_rewrite vs. mod_jk

Thanks for the help with the apache virtual host problem - got that
working fine.  Next problem:

In the old JServ days I used a mod_rewrite rule to remap *.html into
something else for a home-baked template system.  Doesn't seem to work
with mod_jk.  I researched this issue in the archives and there seems to
be a general consensus that it can be made to work with mod_jserv as
long as mod_rewrite follows mod_jserv in the list of modules.  Ok, how
about mod_jk?  Doesn't work for me no matter which side of mod_rewrite
mod_jk falls on.

Should I expect mod_jk to work?  How fully-baked is mod_jk anyway?
Should I retreat to mod_jserv?