Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nafter <Hd...@allshare.nl> on 2009/03/14 21:13:45 UTC

Install phase ignore in command: mvn -e install jboss:deploy

Before I want to deploy my WAR to Jboss, I want maven to generate the WAR
first. Normally when I only enter: mvn -e install   all dependent jars are
created, and finally the WAR is created. So each java change is taken into
the new WAR.

Now I just want to add the 'jboss:deploy' command in order to deploy the
fresh WAR to Jboss.
The good part is that deploying to JBoss is working, but is always deploying
to JBoss first (so using the old generated WAR) and after that the jars and
WAR are generated again.

I would assume that the following command:

mvn -e install jboss:deploy

>> first the 'install' would have taken place.
This is a piece of my pom regarding the maven jboss plugin:

<plugin>
					<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
					<artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
					<configuration>

<deployUrlPath><![CDATA[/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=]]></deployUrlPath>
						<jbossHome>${jboss.deploy.dir}</jbossHome>
						<serverName>jboss</serverName>
						<hostName>localhost</hostName>
						<port>9090</port>
						<fileName>${output.war.dir}/PV_Web.war</fileName>
					</configuration>
					<executions>
						<execution>
							<id>jboss-deploy</id>
							<phase>post-integration-test</phase>
							<goals>
								<goal>deploy</goal>
							</goals>
						</execution>
						<execution>
							<id>jboss-undeploy</id>
							<phase>post-integration-test</phase>
							<goals>
								<goal>undeploy</goal>
							</goals>
						</execution>
					</executions>
				</plugin>

Does somebody know which command to use in order to first INSTALL and after
that deploy to Jboss?

Re: Install phase ignore in command: mvn -e install jboss:deploy

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.
Try taking or commenting out the <executions> ... </executions> section.  That's causing it to run during the stated phases.  With that section out you'll have to manually invoke it (jboss:deploy), which is what it sounds like you want.

Posted by Nafter <Hd...@allshare.nl>.

Nafter wrote:

> Does somebody know which command to use in order to first INSTALL and
> after that deploy to Jboss?

So in fact I only need to know which maven command I have to use to first do
the INSTALL of all Jars/wars etc, and after that doing the deployment to
Jboss (using the maven jboss plugin).

Does somebody know the answer.
I tried using the cargo plugin, but I could not get that running because I
was alway complaining about the artifact missing from the repository.

Hopefully somebody can help me out here?