Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Marius van Niekerk <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/11/01 23:21:13 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC3

On 2016-10-28 08:49 (-0400), Marius van Niekerk <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:35 Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com> wrote:
>
> > Please vote to approve the release of the following candidate as
> > Apache Toree version 0.1.0. Pay special attention to the LICENSE and
> > NOTICE files since this is our first release.
> >

> > The tag to be voted on is v0.1.0-rc3
> > (5bef39490daeda69d98a1e4cf4096103e80be44d)
> >
> > *
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/commit/5bef39490daeda69d98a1e4cf4096103e80be44d
> > <
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/commit/5bef39490daeda69d98a1e4cf4096103e80be44d
> > >*
> >
> > All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
> > found at:
> >
> > *https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc3/
> > <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc3/>*
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
> > 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Toree 0.1.0

Tested with

make system-test

Deployed to my data science team internally.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.1.0 RC3

Posted by Chip Senkbeil <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1.

- Manually installed using the pip package; verified that the install
worked and the Scala option was available in the notebook.
- Ran Scala code on the notebook.
- Ran some simple parallelization, reduces, etc. using a local Spark
cluster.
- Verified that PySpark interpreter worked correctly using same logic as
Scala.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:40 AM Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com> wrote:

@hitesh Where would be an good place to put release instructions?

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 6:21 PM Marius van Niekerk <mariusvniekerk@apache.org